When to use have or has?
While the verb to have has many different meanings, its primary meaning is “to possess, own, hold for use, or contain.” Have and has indicate possession in the present tense (describing events that are currently happening). Have is used with the pronouns I, you, we, and they, while has is used with he, she, and it.
How do you explain affect and effect?
Affect is usually a verb, and it means to impact or change. Effect is usually a noun, an effect is the result of a change.
How is effect used in a sentence?
Using effect in a sentence: Transportation costs have a direct effect on the cost of retail goods. The effect of the medicine on her illness was surprisingly fast. The new law prohibiting texting while driving will go into effect tomorrow.
What tense is used in had?
past perfect tense
What’s the meaning of already?
1 : prior to a specified or implied past, present, or future time : by this time : previously He had already left when I called. 2 —used as an intensive All right already. Enough already!
What is the cause and effect in a sentence?
Cause and Effect Sentences. Sentences built using cause and effect usually involve an action that is making something happen and the result of that action. You can usually find sentences built this way by key words and phrases they use: so, since, as a result of, because, therefore.
Has and have exercises with answers?
- We ________ a new English teacher.
- My boss ________ such a bad temper.
- I never ________ breakfast in the morning because I’m never hungry.
- The houses all ________ blue windows.
- An elephant ________ four legs and a big trunk.
- Many poor people ________ no money to spend.
- The child ________ red hair and very white skin.
Where do we use send and sent?
Sent is past tense. Example : I have sent it to you. While send is present tense. Example: Please send it fast.
Is effect good or bad?
Affect is a verb meaning ‘influence or cause someone or something to change’: New technologies continue to affect how we live. Effect is a noun that means ‘the result of an influence’: The pollution in the city had a bad effect on me.Il y a 5 jours
What are some good topics for cause and effect essays?
40 Best Topics for Cause and Effect Essay
- Effects of Pollution.
- The Changes in the Ocean.
- The Civil Rights Movement and the Effects.
- Causes and Effects of the Popularity of Fast Food Restaurants.
- Internet Influence on kids.
- Popularity of Sports in US.
- Effects of professional sport on children.
- Alcohol and nervous system.