What is the difference between a comparison paragraph and a contrast paragraph?
A compare and or contrast paragraph is required if you are asked to examine similarities and/or differences. Compare focuses on similarities. Contrast focuses on differences.
How do you write a good introduction paragraph for a compare and contrast essay?
You can start by introducing an interesting fact about each of your subjects. Asking a question also works. Outline the main question regarding the two subjects, so you’ll answer it with the thesis statement and the arguments that follow. Give some background on the subjects you’re going to compare.
How do you write a list of cities and states?
In the first example, cities and states are written out (and not abbreviated) in a list. Since commas are used to separate the cities from their states, instead of using extra commas, the semicolon is placed after each state is listed.
Which include or which includes?
The singular is includes. (He includes me in everything.) The plural is include.
How do you write first second and third in an essay?
consider the following expressions as suitable equivalents.
- Initially / To begin with OR to start with (less formal) = First(ly)
- Then / next / after that / afterwards = later.
- In addition / additionally = Second(ly)
- Furthermore / moreover OR What’s more (less formal) = Third(ly)
How do you write an introduction to a list?
Format for Lists
- Use a colon to introduce the list items only if a complete sentence precedes the list.
- Use both opening and closing parentheses on the list item numbers or letters: (a) item, (b) item, etc.
- Use either regular Arabic numbers or lowercase letters within the parentheses, but use them consistently.
What is a classification paragraph?
In a classification paragraph, separate items are grouped into categories according to shared characteristics. Depending on the subject, you may be asked to classify people, organisms, things or ideas. Topic sentence identifies what is to be classified and the categories used.