What is SmartArt in MS Word?
A SmartArt graphic is a visual representation of your information and ideas. You create one by choosing a layout that fits your message. Some layouts (such as organization charts and Venn diagrams) portray specific kinds of information, while others simply enhance the appearance of a bulleted list.
What is a SmartArt tool?
SmartArt graphics and tools are available in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. You can find SmartArt tools on two tabs: the Format tab and the Design tab: The Design tab helps you change your SmartArt graphic’s layout, to change the style, or to change the colors used in your SmartArt graphic.
What is Clipart in MS Word?
Clip art is a collection of pictures or images that can be imported into a document or another program. When you find a clip art image you want to use, you can copy it to your computer’s clipboard and paste it into another program, such as Photoshop or Microsoft Word.
How do I change the quote style in Word?
To modify a style:
- In the Styles group on the Home tab, right-click the style you want to change and select Modify from the drop-down menu.
- A dialog box will appear. Make the desired formatting changes, such as font style, size, and color.
- The style will be modified.
How do you insert a preformatted text box in Word?
Add a text box
- Go to Insert > Text Box, and then select one of the pre-formatted text boxes from the list, select More Text Boxes from Office.com, or select Draw Text Box.
- If you select Draw Text Box, click in the document, and then drag to draw the text box the size that you want.
How do you omit a word in a quote MLA?
Ellipsis at the End of a Sentence To form an ellipsis in MLA when the omitted material appears at the end of your sentence, type the ellipsis with three periods with space before each period and include the closing quotation marks immediately after the third period.
How can you add different shapes in MS Word?
To add a shape, click Insert, click Shapes, select a shape, and then click and drag to draw the shape. After you add one or more shapes, you can add text, bullets, and numbering to them, and you can change their fill, outline, and other effects on the Format tab.
How do I make curved text?
Create curved or circular WordArt
- Go to Insert > WordArt.
- Pick the WordArt style you want.
- Type your text.
- Select the WordArt.
- Go to Shape Format > Text Effects > Transform and pick the effect you want.
What is drop cap in MS Word?
A drop cap (dropped capital) is a large capital letter used as a decorative element at the beginning of a paragraph or section. The size of a drop cap is usually two or more lines.
What is WordArt in MS Word?
WordArt is a gallery of text styles that you can add to your publications to create decorative effects, such as shadowed or mirrored (reflected) text. You can use WordArt to add special text effects to your document.
How do I convert WordArt to Word?
Change the shape of WordArt in Word
- Select the WordArt you want to change.
- Go to Shape Format or Drawing Tools Format > Text Effects.
- Select Transform, and then choose the effect you want. If you don’t see Transform at the bottom of the menu, make sure you’ve selected Text Effects.
How do I edit text in a shape in Word?
Modifying text boxes
- Select the text box you want to change. The Format tab will appear.
- From the Format tab, click the Edit Shape command. Clicking the Edit Shape command.
- Hover the mouse over Change Shape, then select the desired shape from the menu that appears.
- The text box will appear formatted as the shape.
What is shapes in MS Word?
A SHAPE field is the Drawing Canvas and is similar to a placeholder, which is automatically created for any drawn picture. Drawn pictures (also called vector drawings) are created from lines, curves, rectangles, and other objects. AutoShapes are drawn pictures.
How do you use WordArt in Word 2010?
However, there’s a shortcut that allows you to convert text into WordArt even if it’s not in a text box.
- Select the text you want to convert.
- Click the Insert tab.
- Click the WordArt command.
- Select the desired quick style.
- Word will automatically create a text box for your text and apply the style to the text.
How do you write a big quote in an essay?
For quotations that are more than four lines of prose or three lines of verse, place quotations in a free-standing block of text and omit quotation marks. Start the quotation on a new line, with the entire quote indented ½ inch from the left margin while maintaining double-spacing.
How do you do a drop quote?
A drop quote puzzle consists of two parts — a grid of squares and a set of given letters which “drop” into the grid. When the puzzle is solved, the grid will be filled in with a quotation or other statement. Within the grid, blocks represent the spaces between words, and punctuation, if present, will already be placed.