What is linear equation Give 5 example?
Linear equations are also first-degree equations as it has the highest exponent of variables as 1….Formulas.
|Linear Equation||General Form||Example|
|Intercept form||x/x0 + y/y0 = 1||x/2 + y/3 = 1|
|As a Function||f(x) instead of y f(x) = x + C||f(x) = x + 3|
|The Identity Function||f(x) = x||f(x) = 3x|
|Constant Functions||f(x) = C||f(x) = 6|
What is the golden rule for solving equations?
Do unto one side of the equation, what you do to the other! An equation is like a balance scale. If we put something on, or take something off of one side, the scale (or equation) is unbalanced. When solving math equations, we must always keep the ‘scale’ (or equation) balanced so that both sides are ALWAYS equal.
How do you solve multi step equations step by step?
- Combine like terms on both sides.
- Subtract 6 y 6y 6y on both sides to keep the variable y to the left side only.
- Add 11 to both sides of the equation.
- Finally, divide both sides by −10 to get the solution.
What are the main components of problem?
into problem solving tasks. A complete solution consists of three components: a case model, an argument structure and a conclusion. The conclusion is a sub-part of both other components. Tasks (PSMs) package recurring chains of dependent types of problems in variable ways.
What are the 4 steps of problem solving?
Polya created his famous four-step process for problem solving, which is used all over to aid people in problem solving:
- Step 1: Understand the problem.
- Step 2: Devise a plan (translate).
- Step 3: Carry out the plan (solve).
- Step 4: Look back (check and interpret).
How do you solve linear equation word problems?
Writing Systems of Linear Equations from Word Problems
- Understand the problem. Understand all the words used in stating the problem. Understand what you are asked to find.
- Translate the problem to an equation. Assign a variable (or variables) to represent the unknown. Clearly state what the variable represents.
- Carry out the plan and solve the problem.
How do you solve linear equations with two variables?
Solving Systems of Equations in Two Variables by the Addition Method
- Write both equations with x– and y-variables on the left side of the equal sign and constants on the right.
- Write one equation above the other, lining up corresponding variables.
- Solve the resulting equation for the remaining variable.
What are the main components of problem in AI?
A problem consists of five parts: The state space, an initial situation, actions, a goal test, and path costs.
What is twice as old?
“twice as old as” means we will be multiplying by 2.
How do you solve linear equations with age problems?
Let the age of the younger person be x. Then the age of the second person will be (x + 20) years. Five years ago their ages would have been x – 5 years and x + 20 years. Therefore as per the question, we have: 5 (x – 5) = (x + 20 – 5) or 4x = 40 or x = 10.
How do you solve ratio word problems?
Solving Ratio Word Problems
- Identify the known ratio and the unknown ratio.
- Set up the proportion.
- Cross-multiply and solve.
- Check the answer by plugging the result into the unknown ratio.
What is a work problem?
Work Problems are word problems that involve different people doing work together but at different rates. If the people were working at the same rate then we can use the Inversely Proportional Method instead.
What are the 6 steps in the problem solving process?
Six step guide to help you solve problems
- Step 1: Identify and define the problem. State the problem as clearly as possible.
- Step 2: Generate possible solutions.
- Step 3: Evaluate alternatives.
- Step 4: Decide on a solution.
- Step 5: Implement the solution.
- Step 6: Evaluate the outcome.