What can I say instead of table of contents?
other words for table of contents
How do you separate a title page in Word?
Formatting a Cover Page
- At the beginning of your document, enter the information you want for your cover page.
- Position the insertion point at the beginning of the report, but after the cover page information.
- Select Break from the Insert menu.
- Click on Next Page.
- Click on OK.
- Format the text in your cover page as you desire.
What does a title page for an essay look like?
It should be double-spaced and in a legible font (Times New Roman is a safe choice), size 12. The title of your essay should follow, centered, with the body of your work commencing underneath. In addition, every page should have a right-aligned header with the author’s last name and the page number.
How do you create a title page in Word?
Insert a cover page
- On the Insert tab, click Cover Page.
- Click a cover page layout from the gallery of options. After you insert a cover page, you can replace the sample text with your own text by clicking to select an area of the cover page, such as the title, and typing your text.
How do I make a table of contents?
How to create a table of contents in Microsoft Word
- Apply the built-in Heading styles to the headings in your text.
- In Word 2003 and before: Insert > Reference > Tables and Indexes. Click on the Table of Contents Tab. Click OK.
- In Word 2007 and Word 2010: References > Table of Contents > choose an option from the menu.
What is a list of contents called?
A table of contents, usually headed simply Contents and abbreviated informally as TOC, is a list, usually found on a page before the start of a written work, of its chapter or section titles or brief descriptions with their commencing page numbers.
Do appendices have page numbers?
o The page numbering from the appendix should be in sequence with the last page of the thesis or dissertation document text. This means that the table number and caption along with the corresponding page number need to be listed. You do not need to note that it appears in the Appendix.
How do I create chapters in Word?
- Click where you want to insert the new chapter heading and insert a page break (see Section and Page Breaks).
- In the Styles Pane, click Heading 1 style. The word “Chapter” and the chapter number will appear.
- Click after the chapter number and enter the text for the chapter heading.
How do you format a contents page?
Format the text in your table of contents
- Go to References > Table of Contents > Custom Table of Contents.
- Select Modify.
- In the Styles list, click the level that you want to change and then click Modify.
- In the Modify Style pane make your changes.
- Select OK to save changes.
What goes on a title page?
The title page should contain the title of the paper, the author’s name, and the institutional affiliation. A professional paper should also include the author note. A student paper should also include the course number and name, instructor name, and assignment due date.