Do you have to capitalize a quote in the middle of a sentence?
When quoting, the first word of a complete sentence should be capitalized, regardless of its placement within the main sentence. Matthew said, “In that case, I’m going out for a walk!” Neil Young’s admonishment “It’s better to burn out than it is to rust” is not appreciated by everyone.
How do you quote a quote in the middle of a sentence?
Use an ellipsis in the middle of a quotation to indicate that you have omitted material from the original sentence, which you might do when it includes a digression not germane to your point. However, take care when omitting material to preserve the original meaning of the sentence.
How do you reference a poem in an essay?
Titles of individual short stories and poems go in quotation marks. The titles of short story and poetry collections should be italicized. For example, “The Intruder,” a short story by Andre Dubus appears in his collection, Dancing After Hours.
How do you make a block quote in pages?
To create a block quote style, you will have to create a new paragraph style. In the Format panel, open the Text drop-down menu and click the Plus button to create a new style. Rename this style to Block Quote. Set the font to 12 pt Times New Roman, and set spacing to 2.0 — Double.
How do you quote a stanza?
To quote poetry in MLA style, introduce the quote and use quotation marks as you would for any other source quotation. If the quote includes line breaks, mark these using a forward slash with a space on either side. Use two slashes to indicate a stanza break.
How do you start a quote in the middle of a sentence?
Integrating Quotations into Sentences
- Introduce the quotation with a complete sentence and a colon.
- Use an introductory or explanatory phrase, but not a complete sentence, separated from the quotation with a comma.
- Make the quotation a part of your own sentence without any punctuation between your own words and the words you are quoting.
How do I make a block quote in Word?
- Hit enter before the first word of the quote, and after the last word of the quote.
- Highlight the text.
- Right click and select paragraph.
- Under indent change left to . 5″