What is a concrete detail in an essay?
Concrete details are things that we can detect with our senses. In contrast, abstract details describe things that cannot be heard, seen, or smelled. A concrete detail essay should have a standard structure that includes an introduction, body section, and conclusion, providing certain details in a form of commentary.
What is an extended response essay?
“Extended response items” have traditionally been called “essay questions.” An extended response item is an open-ended question that begins with some type of prompt. These questions allow students to write a response that arrives at a conclusion based on their specific knowledge of the topic.
How do you write a two chunk paragraph?
The basic idea is that you state your claim in your topic sentence, prove what you’re saying with two “chunks” of information, and then reassert your point in a concluding sentence.
How do you respond to an extended response?
It should engage your reader, and start your discussion. Write the main body of your extended response, making sure each point gets a new paragraph and has evidence supporting it. Write the conclusion to the extended response. Summarise your main ideas and demonstrate how you have proved your point.
How do I add more to my essay?
How to Increase Your Essay Word Count
- Add Examples. Skim through your essay looking for any place you have used an example to make a point.
- Address Different Viewpoints.
- Clarify Statements.
- Find Additional Sources.
- Use Quotations.
- Rework Introduction and Conclusion.
- Page Count.
How do you expand a paragraph in an essay?
- Ways to Expand (& Improve) an Essay.
- Expand individual paragraphs.
- Ask how and why questions.
- Add (more) concrete examples and evidence.
- Expand the introduction and/or conclusion.
- Add a sentence or two at the end of each paragraph summarizing (and/or refuting) the.
- Write new paragraphs.
How do you write a 3 chunk paragraph?
- The job of each chunk is. to prove your topic sentence!
- Concrete details are FACTS. They are the evidence that proves your topic sentence.
- illustrations. specifics. proof.
- They DO NOT just repeat the topic sentence.
- Now you…
- 3 Chunk Paragraph. 1) Topic Sentence. 2) Concrete Detail.
- Commentary. (CM) Commentary sentences are.
How do you paraphrase a paragraph?
How to paraphrase in five steps
- Read the passage several times to fully understand the meaning.
- Note down key concepts.
- Write your version of the text without looking at the original.
- Compare your paraphrased text with the original passage and make minor adjustments to phrases that remain too similar.