What are the basic reference tools in the library?
Types of Reference Resources
- Atlas & Maps.
- Biographical Resources.
What is the function of reference?
In order to present their ideas and findings, writers have to discuss them in comparison or in contrast to previous research. A reference should always have a clear function and it must be relevant to the argument of the text.
What is the importance of reference materials?
Reference materials are of critical importance in establishing comparability and accuracy of analytical results between different locations and over time.
How do you cite a research paper in APA 7th edition?
Basic format to reference a report
- Author or authors. The surname is followed by first initials.
- Title of report (In italics.
- Publisher information (if the author and the publisher are the same, omit the publisher)
- DOI or URL.
- The first line of each citation is left adjusted.
How do you cite a white paper in APA 7th edition?
Author or Agency organization name. Title of the white paper. City: Place of publication, date. Now, if the white paper is presented by the government, the citation information changes only slightly.
How do we write references?
- Author/Editor (if it is an editor always put (ed.)
- Title (this should be in italics)
- Series title and number (if part of a series)
- Edition (if not the first edition)
- Place of publication (if there is more than one place listed, use the first named)
- Year of publication.
What type of reference is a white paper?
1. White paper with a group author. A white paper is a persuasive document that is written by a person or group to convince readers of their position and philosophy on a topic. Include the description “[White paper]” in square brackets after the title of the white paper.
How many types of references are there?