What are good stories to write about?
Top 10 Story Ideas
- Tell the story of a scar.
- A group of children discover a dead body.
- A young prodigy becomes orphaned.
- A middle-aged woman discovers a ghost.
- A woman who is deeply in love is crushed when her fiancé breaks up with her.
- A talented young man’s deepest fear is holding his life back.
What should you do when you see a writing prompt?
For each paragraph, develop it by doing the following:
- Begin each paragraph with a topic sentence.
- Explain your topic sentence.
- Give an example that supports your topic sentence.
- Analyze your example.
- Write a concluding statement.
What are some writing ideas?
- A cozy spot at home.
- A dark hallway.
- A story about a holiday.
- A trip on a rocket ship.
- A walk in the woods.
- Dear George Washington.
- Donuts for dinner.
- Funny things my pet has done.
How do you write a story line?
Get our top 100 short story ideas here.
- Write In One Sitting. Write the first draft of your story in as short a time as possible.
- Develop Your Protagonist.
- Create Suspense and Drama.
- Show, Don’t Tell.
- Write Good Dialogue.
- Write About Death.
- Edit Like a Pro.
- Know the Rules, Then Break Them.
How do you not repeat words in an essay?
Avoiding repetition at the sentence level
- Use a variety of different transition words.
- Vary the structure and length of your sentences.
- Don’t use the same pronoun to reference more than one antecedent (e.g. “They asked whether they were ready for them”)
What is a prompt writing?
A writing prompt is a brief passage of text (or sometimes an image) that provides a potential topic idea or starting point for an original essay, report, journal entry, story, poem, or other forms of writing.