How do you write a Chicago Turabian style paper?
How Do I Format the Main Text in Turabian/Chicago Style?
- Choose a single, readable, and widely available font such as ten-point Arial or twelve-point Times New Roman for the body of the text.
- Indent the first line of each new paragraph half an inch.
- Leave the right margin “ragged.”
- Put only one space, not two, between sentences.
How do you write a Chicago style bibliography?
A Chicago style bibliography lists the sources cited in your text. Each bibliography entry begins with the author’s name and the title of the source, followed by relevant publication details. The bibliography is alphabetized by authors’ last names.
How do you use ellipses in Chicago style?
The Chicago Manual of Style calls for spaces between each ellipsis point. The AP Stylebook says to treat the ellipsis as a three-letter word, with spaces on either side of the ellipsis but no spaces between the dots. You can use either style; just be consistent throughout your document.
Do Chicago style papers need a cover page?
Do Chicago style papers need a cover page? No, you do not need to include a title page in Chicago style. However, if you choose not to include a title or cover page, you need to include your name, instructor, and course information on the first page of your essay or research paper.
What goes in a Chicago style footnote?
Footnotes or endnotes acknowledge which parts of their paper reference particular sources. Generally, you want to provide the author’s name, publication title, publication information, date of publication, and page number(s) if it is the first time the source is being used.
How do you do an endnote in Chicago style?
How Do I Format Endnotes in Turabian/Chicago Style?
- Put endnotes after the main text and any appendixes but before the bibliography.
- Center the title Notes at the top of the first page and add two blank lines after.
How do you do endnotes in Chicago style on word?
Here are the steps to take:
- Place your cursor in the body text where you want the footnote superscript to appear.
- Select the References tab in the ribbon toolbar.
- Click Insert Footnote.
- Type your footnote according to style.
- Repeat the process for every additional footnote.
Can you use direct quotes in Chicago?
Basic Format If you are including a direct quote, put the page number(s) in parentheses as well. Note: The parenthetical reference can come either before the direct quote (directly after the author’s last name in the signal phrase) or after the quotation.