Where is the headquarters of EU?
NARRATOR: Brussels, the capital of Belgium, is also the headquarters of the European Union.
How do I email the European Union?
- European Commission contacts can be found on: www.europa.eu/whoiswho/ (search possible by name, by organisation chart or keyword)
- European Commission email addresses are composed as follows: [email protected].
How do I contact the European Union?
Contact the EU
- Call us 00 800 6 7 8 9 10 11.
- Use other telephone options.
- Write to us via our contact form.
- Meet us at one of the EU centres.
What is the Europe Direct mailing list?
The Europe Direct mailing list service allows you to receive information on the EU occasionally….The personal data collected and further processed are:
- name and surname.
- contact details (e-mail address, nationality, country of residence)
- preferred and alternative contact languages.
How do I contact a MEP?
The best way to carry your message to a MEP is to develop your argument verbally….Generally, conversations look like that:
- YOU: Hello, I’m [YourName], I’m an European citizen calling from [YourCountry], and I would like to talk to Mrs/Mr MEP, please.
- ASSISTANT: Mrs/Mr MEP is not available, I am her/his assistant.
Where are the two EU headquarters?
Headquarters. The departments and executive agencies of the Commission are based in Brussels and Luxembourg. Weekly meetings of the Commissioners take place in the Brussels headquarters and in Strasbourg.
How do I contact my EU representative?
What does the Council of the European Union do?
The Council of the European Union shares decision-making power with the European Parliament, particularly in the areas of law-making and budget approval. The Council consists of a government minister from each member state. It is a single legal entity, although members are not fixed.
What do you call an MEP?
A Member of the European Parliament (MEP) is a person who has been elected to serve as a popular representative in the European Parliament.
What does the Secretary-General of the European Parliament do?
The Secretary-General is responsible for the organisation of parliamentary business under the political leadership of the European Parliament President, the Bureau of the European Parliament and the Conference of Presidents of the European Parliament.
What are the functions of the European Parliament’s Budget Office?
providing support and financial and budgetary assistance for all authorising officers by delegation in Parliament; managing expenditure related to Members’ allowances and social entitlements, and implementing financial support for political groups, European political parties and foundations and associations of former or current Members;
What does a member of the European Parliament (MEP) do?
managing inter-departmental services for the whole of Parliament, such as the inventory and the travel office; implementing and monitoring financial support for political groups, European political parties and foundations and associations of former or current Members;